Sunday, October 7, 2012

Edible Paint

I have been wanting to do this with Will for a while and I finally had the chance. EDIBLE FINGER PAINTING! I have tried letting him color with markers before but that ended up with him eating the nib of the marker. So I learned two valuable lessons that day. 1. My son is still a mouther and will try to eat ANYTHING. 2. Don't try to multitask while doing crafts with a toddler.

I really had to put my thinking cap on because I'm generally not an idea person. It took me a week and I finally thought of edible finger painting. But what to do it with? My first idea was Cool Whip but we didn't have any of that on hand. I did however have some french vanilla pudding. KA-CHING! 

Here are the supplies you need:
Instant Pudding (Vanilla, French Vanilla, or Cheesecake would work)
Food Coloring

The great news is you probably already have some of that on hand and if you don't IT'S CHEAP! I got my food coloring from the dollar store and the pudding was $0.79 at Kroger.

Just make the Instant Pudding according to the package directions, spoon about a tablespoon in each part of a muffin tin, and make colors. Cheap AND simple.
It only took him 2 seconds to try and put in his mouth. This is why everything has to be edible at my house.

YUMMY!

Some foot painting action.

He was so happy it was all about him.

Food coma.

Finished artwork.

Finished Will. 
This does require a bath afterward. I made his a glow bath. I just added a package of glow sticks that I got at the dollar store to his bath. He had a blast and got clean. Win win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment